Monday 1 June 2015

Starting Out


Close-up of a part of a journal page I completed as part of Painting the Feminine 2015 e-course run by Connie Solera of Dirty Footprints Studio

It's been a while since I blogged and I'm having to learn how to do it all over again!  But here I am with a new blog just starting out on this new journey.

I've always been an artist but I've not always practiced my art.  Other aspects of life always seemed to take up so much time and for so long I put art near the bottom of a long list of priorities.

I've been making changes in my life and as part of that I made the decision that I would spend more time on art.  And that's what I've been doing for a couple of years now.  I've especially been focussing on mixed media and art journaling.  And I've never enjoyed my art more than I'm enjoying it now.

There are so many great and inspiring artists out there and I expect I'll be mentioning a number of them as I blog more.

In the meantime, I just wanted to get this blog set up and started.  I really want to share this journey, this adventure, this new start with anyone else that's interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment